We are looking for a striking image that reflects both Cinema and Spain. The audience needs to see a clear association between these two concepts when they see the poster. We would like to avoid the most common topics and stereotypes (sevillanas, bullfighting, sangria, paella …) and instead come up with a more cultured and contemporary image.
The poster will be displayed around the city of Edinburgh in September and October 2015 in various sizes and formats. It will also be the cover of our programme and leaflets.
- Produce an image to promote the festival and capture its ethos. The design should work across a variety of sizes and include guidance on how it can be adapted to different formats (poster, adverts, banners, etc.) Please leave enough space to include sponsor logos, dates and location of the event, etc. (square, horizontal and vertical formats, …)
- Use a specific palette of not more than 4 colours.
- The image must be presented in RGB and CMYK with enough quality to print a 60’x40′ size poster (Ideally in a TIFF or PSD file with layers).
- The deadline is the 1st of April 2015.
The prize will be 4 tickets for an ESFF 2015 screening and a meal for two at a Spanish restaurant in Edinburgh.
The jury will be formed by:
- David Sorfa. Lecturer at Film Studies at the University of Edinburgh
- Mark Cousins. Film Director
- Ignacio Estudillo Pérez. BP Portrait exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery
- Rodrigo Hurtado Parra. BP Portrait exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery
- Marian A. Aréchaga. ESFF Curator
Please email the entries to: email@example.com